Sunday, May 17, 2015

Wrecking Ball Genetic Rap Blog


Wrecking Ball Genetic Rap Blog
 
 
I'm going to try to keep this introduction short,  but the point of this blog is to tell about the progress each day my group works on our genetic rap. This blog is also intended to show my personal advances with in the project of the blog. To sum things up, this blog is to show the progress of our Genetic rap/song.
 
 
The following are my rough draft lyrics:
 
 

Song: Wrecking Ball by: Miley Cyrus



 
Lyrics:

 
This is a song about reproduction and dividing cells
Mitosis and Meiosis help create life because cells divide

 
We kissed  I fell under your spell of love, no one could deny:
During mitosis the cell reproduces asexullaly
There are four phases pro, meta, ana, and finally telophase

 
Cells need to reproduce and they multiply so that something can form
Cells help create things such as you and me we literally have trillions of cells
Yeah, in our body

 
Meiosis is a different type of cell reproduction
Its here that the cells sexually reproduce
Because there are two haploid cells

 
During meiosis the haploid sperm and egg combine to form one cell
Next the cell divides in way so that there are two haploid cells

 
And then the cells divide again, creating four total cells
Then each cell goes through four stages starting with prophase

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Since I was not here the day that this blog was first introduced as an assignment, I don't know if the rest of my group had any other components to add.


Final Stages:

Here are my groups final lyrics:


WRECKING BALL!
We clawed, we chained our hearts in vain-  This is a rap about gene
We jumped never asking why- tics mitosis and meiosis
We kissed, I fell under your spell.- During mitosis the cell reproduces
A love no one could deny- asexullaly
Don't you ever say I just walked away- There are four phases pro, meta, ana, and
I will always want you- finally telophase
I can't live a lie, running for my life-  Now lets talk about heredity
I will always want you- and what it does
I came in like a wrecking ball- It starts with 16 chromosomes
I never hit so hard in love- then we have  thirty two
All I wanted was to break your walls- we get sixteen from both parents
All you ever did was wreck me- and all they do is pass character traits
Yeah, you, you wreck me- yeah they, pass character traits
I put you high up in the sky- heredity is very vital
And now, you're not coming down- now and it always be
It slowly turned, you let me burn- Mr. Gregor Mandel first proposed
And now, we're ashes on the ground- and now look where it is
Don't you ever say I just walked away- Don't you ever say you never used
I will always want you- the punnett square
I can't live a lie, running for my life- It is named after Reginald C. Punnett
I will always want you- and it will predict you
I came in like a wrecking ball- The dominate is a trait
I never hit so hard in love- that mask over a recessive form
All I wanted was to break your walls- All I want to do is get back
All you ever did was wreck me- to  heredity, Let us get back
I came in like a wrecking ball-  The gametes are the male and
Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung-  female sex cells
Left me crouching in a blaze and fall- Intermingled and we get you
All you ever did was wreck me-  this is sexaul reproduction
Yeah, you, you wreck me- yeah production of
I never meant to start a war- subsequent fusion
I just wanted you to let me in- of haploid cells within
And instead of using force- Lets learn about animals
I guess I should've let you win- They can adapt to things
I never meant to start a war- like new foods again
I just wanted you to let me in- Or like new vironments
I guess I should've let you win-  They will try to live
Don't you ever say I just walked away- Genetic traits are the best suited
I will always want you-  for the environment
I came in like a wrecking ball- They are most likely to survive
I never hit so hard in love- and reproduce
All I wanted was to break your walls-  and that is called natural selection
All you ever did was wreck me- stems to adaptations
I came in like a wrecking ball- Can be caused by mutations
Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung-  asexaul just needs one parent
Left me crashing in a blazing fall- sexual you need two parents
All you ever did was wreck me- Adaptations are good mutations
Yeah, you, you wreck me- Yeah It’s It’s called genetics
Yeah, you, you wreck me- Yeah It’s It’s called genetics
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our genetic "rap" was almost completed. We just had to add other pictures to our iMovie. We wanted to obviously have pictures of chromosome, and Punnent squares, heredity, and of meiosis and mitosis, as well as other pictures that had to do with our lyrics. We also wanted some live action footage of us awesomely dancing and jamming out to our genetic song. This can be seen in our final video. It was slightly difficult to put together the iMovie at first because we were using a Mac instead of an iPad. But we did figure it out and things worked out well. Everyone in my group did a great job singing their parts, well except that we all had like fifteen bloopers, but not my point. All in all the iMovie came together well.

I had a lot of fun working on this project. I enjoyed having a creative way to talk, well sing about how genetics work and the different components that tie into genetics. My group worked really well with each other and everyone got to participate. This was such a fun project and I love how the final product turned out! I'm sure that all of the future classes will enjoy it as much as I did!


To see the final video, click here! Enjoy! :)




 



No comments:

Post a Comment